2015/06/11

Visiting Kyoto

Hi everyone,

a few weeks ago I went to Kyoto to see a few of the places I had not been able to go to before. As a huge fan of Japan's temples, this time I visited Byōdō-in in Uji city and Daigoji in Fushimi ward.

As some of you may know, Byōdō-in has been refurbished recently and as such has risen to renewed splendour. The Heian-style architecture is breathtakingly beautiful and of course it attracts huge crowds of tourists. I had to wait in line for about 45 minutes to enter the temple grounds! I also tried some of Uji's famous maccha products, tea and sweets. Delicious!

After Byōdō-in I took the bus down north to see Daigo-ji, which is a World Heritage site and houses the oldest building in all of Kyoto--this impressive five story pagoda was built in 951! I really enjoyed walking around the vast temple grounds and finding small hidden treasures everywhere. The whole area is covered in maple trees, too, so I would love to go back in autumn to see the bright colours. It must be very beautiful.







0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿